I’ve picked a few of my favourite photos of this year. It makes me realise – we have seen a lot.
Owen Dippie’s ballerina mural on the back of the Isaac Theatre Royal.
The Price Waterhouse Coopers site, Armagh Street.
Bye bye to the Pallet Pavilion.
The ladies bike through town, and past the new Botanic Gardens visitor centre.
I am no Urbex explorer, but I did nearly fall through a window getting this photo. Tip – don’t lean on earthquake damaged windows. Lichfield Street.
Matariki at Rehua Marae.
Light and trees.
Dairy at sunset.
The re-opening of Cuningham and Townend Houses in the Christchurch Botanic Gardens.
The beautiful sunrises and sunsets this year counterpointed bits of ruin.
Dirty Politics by Nicky Hager.
These guys popped up out of nowhere, and later disappeared as easily.
Another temporary glory – the graffiti house on Cranford Street.
Probably my favourite of Christchurch’s new buildings – this stately reflective beauty on Cambridge Terrace.
Christchurch Art Gallery family fun day.
Reading in the Houses for Swamp Dwellers (a photo to promote a FESTA event)
A spiderweb on Smith Street.
A very Christchurchy Christmas in the Re:START.
- New Year, new art: January 2014
- From Edgeware to where: February 2014
- Floods and blue ladies: March 2014
- Everything must go: April 2014
- Bizarro Christchurch: May 2014
- Suddenly strange: June 2014
- No signs, except this: 2014 in pictures: July
- Ain’t what it used to be: 2014 in pictures: August
- Ice and flowers: 2014 in pictures: September
- Fun and FESTAtivities: 2014 in pictures: October
- Summerstarters: 2014 in pictures: November
- A few favourite things: 2014 in pictures: December