A change of office for me has meant a change of scenery.
I now head to work east – I’d call it Linwood but postcode finder calls it Woolston. My new walking route takes me close to the Avon River, whichever way I go. And in places – like here, down on Whitmore Street – it is beautiful.
Here is the Richmond workingmens’ club being demolished.
A phoenix and the Basilica?
The city still draws me in. I like to check out what is happening. I was in town for a meeting on Friday 8 November and spotted that Lichfield Street had re-opened – that stretch between Colombo and Manchester Street.
The famous mannequins of Frontrunner.
The new Strange’s building takes shape.
Christchurch City Libraries has a page on the history of Strange’s.
And more views of town: Old Millers/CCC on Tuam Street.
I find the wildflowers on the corner in Latimer Square so beautiful. Nature does it best.
And the Whare in Cathedral Square by Chris Heaphy also uses flowers and plants to mitigate against greyness and demolition.
- More November photos
- The art of nature, and the nature of art: 2013 in pictures: October
- The strange beauties of Christchurch: 2013 in pictures: September
- Reach for the lazers and the sky: 2013 in pictures: August
- The streets are where you find poetry, protest and art: 2013 in pictures: July
- Snow, broccoli pizza, and great-great-great-great grannies: 2013 in pictures: June
- Writers, artists, and Batman: 2013 in pictures: May
- Ups & downs & openings – bullshit and jellybeans: 2013 in pictures: April
- Decay and bloom – 2013 in pictures: March
- Ups and downs – 2013 in pictures: February
- Partying on – 2013 in pictures: January
- 2012 in pictures